11.23.2009

This is the best brain buster I have ever heard...




There are 1,001 envelopes before you. All of them are filled with a harmless powder, except for one which is filled with deadly anthrax. You must locate this envelope. You have only ten live mice that can be used to sample the powder from the envelopes. However the anthrax toxin will take the whole night to kill any mouse that samples it, thus you must figure out a way to use the mice tonight, there is not enough time to wait for one to die before using another. There is enough powder in each envelope for any mouse to sample any number of envelopes. How can you find the envelope containing the anthrax by the morning? Think hard, the post office is counting on you.


I couldn't get this, but when I found out the answer I started laughing aloud because it was so beautifully easy - that solution -whoever thought of it - that is the truest form of intelligence, I find the solution gorgeous. I just didn't have the perspective to see it - its funny about how perspective changes the experience. WHAT AM I NOT GETTING??!! :)

1 comment:

Tyler Fagan said...

Dude, where do I find the answer?

And thanks for letting me know about the engagement. Congratulations. Any dates set?