7.13.2009

30 years old



Its my thirtieth birthday, and I had this big plan to write about my life so far. To take some time to engage in guided reflection because turning thirty is a supposed to be a milestone or something like that. To tell you the truth, there are a hundred other things I'd rather be doing right now... (studying micro/pharm/path for next year, going over my flight plan and practicing touch and goes, reading the PDLI quarterly report, shooting free throws, doing the xhtml tutorial, exercise, cleaning up my garden, sending the water sample to the lab, planning my orientation group or the rugby schedule, shadowing physicians, calling my girlfriend, reading that folder of articles on cognitive enhancement, playing with my friends' kids, playing piano/guitar, planning a trip on the cheap, thinking of how to start a new business, chatting with loved ones about their lives, laughing, learning, understanding!!!) so I guess thats the message at this point- the most rewarding feeling is productive activity, to be doing something -living. I'm so thankful for my thirty years of life and health. Moreover, I realize that you can't fit it all in, you have to sacrifice good things, there's only so much time, get busy living, use it wisely.
Gotta run!

No comments: